Need Help? Ask Us
Online Library Assignment
CMNS 125 and ENGL 105
Welcome! For the next 30 minutes or so, you'll be working through a series of tasks and questions to familiarize you with basic library research strategies.
At the end of this exercise, you will have the opportunity to email a copy of your results to yourself and your instructor. We recommend that you save this for future reference - we can not save a copy of it for you.
On the next page, your screen will be split into two separate parts. On the left, you'll find instructions to follow, tasks to complete, and questions to answer. On the right is your workspace; you'll see the library's web site, which you will use to complete the tasks and answer the questions.
- You must complete this exercise in one session; you cannot stop in the middle and pick up later where you left off.
- Some actions in the assignment will cause a new window to open; you can close these when you're finished with them (but don't close the window with the assignment, or you'll have to start over).
- Your instructor may choose to include your score in your grade; make sure the name you provide is one your instructor will recognize.
- If you are required to share the results with your instructor, make sure you have their email address handy.
If you are connecting from off campus:
Please ensure that you can log in to our databases as follows:
- Open a new browser window.
- Go to http://proxy.ufv.ca:2048/login (this will open in a new browser window or tab)
- Enter the student number and password you use for MyUFV.
- If you see a page with a database menu, you were successful and can close the browser window.
- If you were not successful, you will need to resolve your connection issues before completing the Online Library Assignment; contact the library for assistance. Alternatively, you can complete it in one of the UFV libraries or computer labs.